Who wants to spend hundreds of hours hunting down all 900 Korok Seeds in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? Well, we’re sure lots of people have already done that — some of us included — but, just in case you’re struggling or finding combing every inch of Hyrule a little bit bothersome or dull, there’s a neat little trick using that good ol’ Item Slot Transfer glitch.
Gaming Reinvented has shared a method of using this well-known glitch (IST) to get all 999 Korok Seeds in the first 10 minutes of the game. This method has been previously shown off by YouTuber El Duende and speedrunner kinak.
To set it up:
- Start a new game (on any difficulty) and get to the point where you have both the Sheikah Slate and have left the Shrine of Resurrection.
- Don’t pick up any clothes, and instead make a beeline for a Woodcutter’s Axe.
- Save manually.
- Jump into the lake where the ring of water lilies is to get a Korok Seed. Let the game autosave.
- Go to the title screen and change the difficulty.
- Load the autosave and set up IST the usual way.
- Drop an item.
- Go back to the title screen, and set your difficulty back to what it was.
- Reload the manual save, unequip the axe, and then reload the same save file.
- Repeat twice.
- Load the autosave, don’t pause, and don’t open the menu — just run until the autosave triggers.
- Reload manual save three times.
And, ta-dah! You should have 999 Korok Seeds. How to cut 100 hours down to 10 minutes, hey? Just reset the menu by picking up a new material or dropping a menu, and there you have it. It’s a little bit fiddly, for sure, but yet another interesting way to crack open Breath of the Wild!
Check out the full video below above, and Iand us know what you think of this glitch in the comments, especially if you’ve painstakingly searched for all of the Korok Seeds!